5 Day Auto Locksmith Training
This foundation course is designed to teach candidates with little or no previous experience how to strip, service and reassemble all types of locks fitted to modern motor vehicles.
Our students will understand the workings of the lock and therefore how to open them when no keys are available. They will be taught how to cut and decode keys, learn about diagnostics & transponders and experience first hand the latest equipment and technology available. We aim to provide you with the solid grounding you need to start and run your locksmith business correctly from day one.
The course offers intensive training over a 5 day period with a maximum of 6 students per course. The course is 90% practical to ensure you know how to put the theory into practice.
Upon completion of the course you will have the ability to start practicing as a knowledgeable Auto locksmith and have an in-depth ability to work on the vehicles trained on. You will also receive a detailed instruction manual and training certificate.
We offer a range of courses covering the following skills:
- Strip and understand the characteristics and rebuild a range of vehicle locks
- Recognise lock faults, repair and service effectively
- Effective entry of vehicles without causing damage
- Lock picking and decoding both cylinder and laser locks
- Key cutting, both duplication and to code
- How to find key code locations and vehicle information
- An overview of immobiliser systems, transponders and diagnostics
- Demonstration and practical experience on modern vehicles
- Essential business planning including what to ask when the phone rings
- Relevant paperwork requirements including pricing structures and invoicing
- Tool requirements and how to set up your service van
Locking systems fitted to Ford, Vauxhall, Rover, Peugeot, Renault and VAG vehicles will be covered in great detail and other systems within the given time frame.
Within the training course you will have the chance to see and use the very latest state of the art equipment available to the modern Auto Locksmith, including key programming, cloning and eeproming equipment. Additional training on Key & remote programming, transponder cloning and eeprom programming are suggested to complete your training program to become a complete Auto Locksmith.
Who Should Attend
The Auto locksmiths foundation course is a popular course suitable for those with little or no experience in the Auto Locksmith trade. It is ideal for current locksmiths not involved in the Auto market, Motor trade operations that want to offer Auto locksmith services and people looking for a career change into a niche market with a high level of technical content and good rewards.
NCFE accredited level 3
|Duration :||5 Days (9am - 5pm)|
|Course Code :||IIQ2031|
|NQF Level :||3|
|Price :||£1250.00 + VAT|
|March 2018||Monday 5th||Places Available|
|April 2018||Monday 16th||Places Available|